Booking a LIVE! Class
- You must have an active membership or credit package on file in order to book classes
- Credit package holders can use credits to book LIVE! Classes. If you are looking for On-Demand options, contact your local studio on how to purchase a monthly subscription
- To book LIVE! Classes, use our app or website to book at your local studio
- Sign-up for class early. Booking will close 15-minutes prior to the start of class
- If you have a guest pass, you can use it to add your guest to class too
- 15-20 minutes before class, check your email for a link to access the livestream and the equipment you will need for class. Follow the link to join our digital classroom.
- Refresh your browser before the class if you don’t see /hear the instructor
- Watch the livestream from your mobile device or laptop. You can also cast your stream using Apple Play or Chromecast. See the FAQs below for more information
- Chat with your instructor using the chat box. Remember to be kind & courteous. Any behavior that is out of the spirit of The Barre Code Mantra will not be tolerated
- All classes & the content within are all copyrighted by The Barre Code. Recording or distributing class material, including video, playlists, or routines is strictly prohibited.
On-Demand vs. LIVE!
- LIVE! Classes are classes happening NOW! They require advanced booking through our app & website. They cannot be viewed or played later. Taking a LIVE! Class will count towards your #ClubCode milestones.
- On-Demand classes are pre-recorded classes or short videos that you can access “on-demand,” or “whenever you want! Members of The Barre Code receive discounted access to our videos on-demand. Monthly subscriptions are available– Just head to your local studio!
- Having a stable & reliable internet connection is key to being able to experience class uninterrupted. We recommend a download speed of 25 Mbps or greater.
Streaming & Casting
- How to stream to Chromecast from Android
- How to stream to Chromecast from iOS Mobile
- How to stream to Chromecast from Chrome
- How to stream to Apple TV from iOS Mobile
- How to stream to Apple TV from Mac
- How to stream to Vimeo App on Smart TV
- Once the livestream starts, the video may automatically be on mute.
- On desktop, simply click the video to unmute it.
- On mobile, enter full-screen mode first. Then click the unmute button on your device.
Music Volume & Playback
- We sure do like our music loud! Use these steps to turn the music volume down:
- Click the “cloud” icon on the mini-player.
- On desktop, it will take you to mixcloud.com. On mobile, it will prompt you to download the app.
- If you download the app, search “TheBarreCode” for our page. You can follow it to have access to all of our class playlists in advance!
- Adjust the volume on mixcloud.com with the vertical slider.
- If listening to music in the app, use your device’s volume controls on the side to change the volume.
- We recommend letting the music stream for a few minutes before class starts. Before the start of class, rewind the playlist to the beginning. Press play when your instructor tells you to.
- Before joining chat, you will have the option to log in with Facebook, Vimeo, or as a guest. Choose the option that works for you.
- If you don’t have Facebook or Vimeo, join chat. Enter your name & start chatting!
- You can choose as to whether you enter the chat or not.
- Note, if you’re watching your stream by casting to a TV or in fullscreen mode on your device, you won’t see the chat.
- If you have a limited membership or a credit package, do your best to cancel before your studio’s cancellation window so that you can get your credit back to use for another class.
- Due to increased streaming demand caused by COVID-19 & various government stay-at-home mandates, some viewers may experience limited bandwidth and poor connectivity.
- For these same reasons, our instructors may experience connectivity issues from time to time that cannot be fully troubleshot or avoided in advance. It is important for our platform to showcase instructors from across the country; however, it does make it difficult for us to control consistent bandwidth from class to class. We do rigorous testing before going live to ensure the best stream possible, but some technical difficulties are unforeseen and cannot be fixed. In the instance that your LIVE! class is cancelled due to connectivity issues, your local studio will be in contact with you to ensure you get booked for another class.
- When participating in our LIVE! Classes, LIVE! Chat, or Members-Only Facebook group, please remember to be kind. The Barre Code was created as a way for local female entrepreneurs to foster a community where women can support & encourage one another. Any behavior that is considered a violation of our community guidelines could result in removal from LIVE! chat or our members-only Facebook group.
- By using our livestream platform to take classes, you understand you are voluntarily participating in workouts that present an inherent risk and you acknowledge and agree to assume any and all risks of bodily injury, death, disability or property damage, whether those risks are known or unknown to you. Participating in these at-home classes means you waive, release, hold harmless, and promise not to file suit against The Barre Code, its related entities, employees, officers, agents, contractors, volunteers, and representatives (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all actions, claims, or demands that you, your assigns, heirs, guardians, spouse and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future for injury, death, disability or property damage related to (i) your participation in these activities, (ii) the negligence or other acts, whether directly or indirectly connected to these activities, and however caused by any Releasees, whether or not you are then participating in these activities. You understand that, as a participant, you can and should stop at any point during exercise if you are experiencing any discomfort.You acknowledge that it is necessary to notify your physician of your participation in any exercise program, particularly if you are receiving ongoing care for a health condition. You agree to adhere to any and all recommendations of the physician with regard to the choice and intensity of exercise you perform. You agree to not exercise when you are feeling sick or otherwise unwell. You understand that you are participating in The Barre Code’s workout program at your own risk.
Cancelling your On-Demand Membership:
To cancel your on-demand membership, please email your local studio directly. Local studios’ email addresses can be found HERE. If you do not have a local studio and/or are an on-demand only client, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that most recurring monthly memberships have a 30-day cancellation notice.